[Toot!] Index: 1.2
Communism Bit: Off
- The Vatican is right, on boxing. After the Revolution, I'll abolish boxing. There is something totally wrong with a "sport" that glories in causing damage to the head. I manage to wince through watching a bout, but I hate myself for it. A "sport" where the most-glorious end to a match is causing unconsciousness in your adversary? How did we sink this low?
- Sometimes I assume that everybody knows some little nice conveniences, and then I realise that I didn't know them, at some point. So ...
- On Windows, you can stroll through all the windows you have open by holding Alt and Tab. Every time you hit tab, you advance to the next window. Try it now! 100% FREE!!!
- When you type "define: thingy" in the Google search bar, you get back the meaning of "thingy". It is a rather nice dictionary, when you're online. define:evil
It can do your sums, too.
- In Windows, go to Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Backup.
Now, buy a cheap CD for 1,000/=, and back your stuff up already. This is one of those things whose value you never learn until you lose your computer to a power surge. Don't say you weren't warned.
- Open a (second) Gmail account, and mail yourself some precious files you may have. That way, you back up your diaries and stuff in a nice way. Terms and conditions apply.
- Turns out CB wrote another article that enraged the bloggers. And I was in there, quoted. I'm glad that CB remembered to note my ubiquitous finish, while describing why we blog the way we blog: it's not a bad way to blog, just a different way.
I've found, in fact, that I don't like these blogs that feel too "serious". You think I should spend the day having people repeat sad statistics at me and reminding me that it's my duty to feel bad about my and our collective state? I know my favourite blogs, and they are usually not "serious". (Besides, "serious" is usually a code word for "pretentious", if you look closely.) Mine isn't, either. Or, is it?
And Baz, I'm not a pretend-Communist. Repent. If the Revolution comes before you've tattooed an apology on your forehead ... :o) Plus, I want to massacre the whole West, not just Americans.
Also, if it has never happened to you, never let thirty minutes of what you say be quoted in only part of a sentence. My personality is not aphoristic—speaks in paragraph-per-point style, not in sentence-per-point. You see the size of my posts?
- And then it is funny how strong these reactions are, when they happen. Now I know how to piss you all: you're not serious bloggers!!! Gwahahaha. "Unserious" should become "uns*****s"? Guys, only politicians should lose it when someone calls them unserious. You all owe the world a post that says what you do is not bad, just different. And also ten links each to a "serious" blog, to disprove the article. And twelve "Hail Mary"s.
(Meanwhile, I think sex and boobs are serious business, don't you think?)
- In creative fields, you have an amplitude within which you oscillate. It's called a genre. Within it lies the style, another limit. Anything below that is monotony. What Mesach Semakula does, and this other Africa guy, Ronald Mayinja, that's monotony. I hate their music.
- Ohohohoho. Baz, I've forgiven you alright. He has written this. Good one.