[Toot!] Index: 5.2
Communism Bit: On
Location: Job, of course
I am knocking Concrete Jungle. I have written and deleted five things. I dunno what is going on. I will just nod to this music meanwhile.
Oh, and forget that rant I promised last week. Forget it. [toot!] it.
But here's one. It's the seventh of the seventh month in the seventh year of this millennium. Actually, eighth year, but let's ignore that.
And guess what. Some idiotic Europeans have conducted a poll by SMS and e-mail to vote on the new seven wonders of the world. I don't know why these things are `wonders'. Are we insinuating that ancient world was too stupid to build towers and long-standing monuments, that wherever we see them, oh, that's a wonder that they did that! Fuck the world. We over-rate ourselves too much. I guess my boots will be wonders in 1000 years.
The worst thing about that list is that it is so fixated with buildings. These things we build are not wonders. They will go away, anyway, when George Bush thinks he can take on the Invincible Army of The Dear Leader Comrade Kim Jong-il, the Bright Light of the Millennium, Holding High the Banner of the Invincible Ideology.
This is the true list of the seven wonders of the world:
- The Communist Ideology. You've got to give it up for an ideology—whether you agree with it or not—that swept a third of the world in so short a time. Nothing has ever been able to do that before or after.
- Semitic Spiritualism. Come to think of it, the majority of humans follow a belief system hailing from the Middle East.
- Western Brutality. No other people have ever been (or will ever be) as brutal and evil as the West. Nobody will trade in humans so much, nobody will starve a continent, nobody will have thousands of nuclear bombs wrapped in a cloth labelled `Peace', nobody will ever be so imperialist, nobody will ever spread a fuzzy hope of `democracy' with such a gaping absence of the same `democracy', nobody will cause so much death, pain and suffering as today's Western world. Come, O Great Revolution! :o)
- Africa: No spot on Earth will ever, or ever has, recover from centuries of being the object of the perverse acts of Western Brutality like Africa. There are no native Americans in Washington, because they were not Africans. Africa is immortal. If we were any less African, we wouldn't exist. We are a wonder.
- Survival, the Bob Marley album. It is simply the finest expression of wauling, shouting, screaming, skankin', trumpetin', strummin' rebellion against imperialism and the basic notion of inherited suffering.
- The Long March of the Chinese Peasants and Workers' Red Army. This was a retreat—under fire—by the Army, led by Chairman Mao, for 12,500 kilometres, crossing rivers, mountains, valleys and obstacles that, until then, had no names. And they emerged victorious, breaking through enemy lines with a spirit that can still be seen dashing across the Chinese night sky, leaving glowing coals of red in its wake.
- Cheri L'Amour. Okay. There. Phew. That wasn't hard. Just typed it.
For all that ever went wrong in the world, none did on this here girl. She restored my faith in God. There must be an Almighty Creator out there. And He must be Almighty to come up with the chic who made me edit my Scales of Beauty, and add a new category to the extreme right, many places beyond `Unbelievable', named after her.
Rejoice, o sons of men! The Goddess of Beauty, prophesied for ages, hath arrived to walk among us!
Hehehehe. Ah. Near-worship, eh? :oD Relax. It happens, sometimes.
Some stuff's been going down of late, over here. It is why I am not too ready to deny all the claims that I am going soft. Maybe I am, indeed, going soft. Of course, it is not the posts. Some of my earlier posts, like The Soldier's Woman are very much the kind that would get me suspected of being soft.
Anyway, yeah. Some stuff has been going down. But I am a bit in denial about it. I'll see how long I can keep this up.