Frig Index: 10
Communism Bit: On
Location: Job, of course
There are riots in Kampala. Over Mabira forest, and the planned give-away of part of it. Some guys want to mint money off an irreplacable phenomenon (commonly-called `Mabira Forest'), and others want it preserved. The guy supposed to buy part of that forest is a Ugandan for generations, but he is of Indian origin. So, South Asians have been the victims of you-wanna-disposess-us noise. And I have heard that two have been killed in the scuffles in the city. I hope that isn't true. Because, if it is, it shows the one thing I hate about democracy. (Hey, the Danes can find something to write about!)
Thing is, if you think Museveni is a sucker, would you do a better job? Do his critics understand that being a couch-proffesional, directing the country a foot away from your copy of the morning paper, and being a president are two different occupations? So, these buggers in the city, whose other battle cry is `Fuck Museveni!' are showing us how Aminist an asshole can get. At least Museveni isn't an Aminist asshole. So, the next time they say `Fuck Museveni', I'll cry. It is the worst thing when fools like those are allowed to talk at all, especially when saying Museveni has got this-and-that wrong.
The problem is not that they are being violent - I know the heat of the moment. People started out saying they are going to sit down in the forest and demonstrate peacefully. But adrenaline is contagious. It takes one idiota with more testosterone than logic (big balls, small brain), and the sane guy next to him starts barking, drooling, wagging, growing hair in weird places, and then the testosterone-logic balance is upset, much like a climate with too little trees and too many Americans, and then the guy next to our formerly-sane friend starts barking.
The problem is that those who had the power to put sanity in the debate have shut their beaks all along. You and I included.
Then an orgy of violence. Let's point some fingers, shall we? It's therapeutic:
- Fuck the Monitor, for telling people a lie. Mabira is not going to be given away. But that's what everyone believes. Brainwashed muhfuckers. Only a relatively-small part of the edges is going to be reclaimed. If you ever go there, you will see why it should be given away. It hasn't seen a tree in decades. It is useless, right now. Not a forest.
- Fuck the New Vision, for not counter-acting the Monitor's deliberate headline-noise. You muhfuckers, the New Vision people, are supposed to be a government propaganda tool! What the fuck do you think is your job? To take the opposition's side all the time, because you are scared of being called Museveni's lap-dogs by Joshua and Jackfruity? Do you think the government - any government - can achieve anything without the necessary propaganda? Don't be silly. It's not democracy when only one side is allowed to talk, you fools! (Baz is exempted, by the way.)
- Fuck the Mehta family. If your family is one of the wealthiest in the whole friggin' world, why the frig can't you spare the land that made you and your fathers wealthy? Go buy out the friggin' Latinos! You can, after all! It's not the forest I'm talking about - I mean the pain of such noise. I hate naive protests, and you can stop it! Okay, you want the plantations nearer to your factories, right? Build a factory in Cuba.
- Fuck the Opposition. Find a reason. If I start, I won't stop. A word of advice: never vote for those Pharisees. They think they are good and clever, but that's because they don't know what it means to be a president of more than just a congregation of vengeful politicians.
- Fuck the Americans. We are going to put our environment on the pyre so we can develop, and then you Americans will cheat us, capitalist bastards, and we will stay poor, without even a sane environment. Was I going to close without hitting the Americans? :oD
- Fuck the guys out in the riots. Plus those who actually meant it to be a peaceful sit-down protest. Fuck you for being naive muhfuckers. Them roads you drive on were once forestland, idiots! Things change, man! The world has to change. Forests must give way for urbanisation. You are attacking the leaves, instead of the roots. Go ahead and protest. But know that, be it today or tomorrow, a city has to sit on the Hills of the Impala. Oh, frig. That has already happened. Kampala has already replaced the royal hunting grounds of the 1800s! See? Just pray that we are smart about it. It is like puberty, this development: scary, hairy, worrying, fast-yet-gradual, and without the erotic dreams everyone promised you'd have.
- Fuck Museveni. Yeah. Poor bugger's mind can't be read. Nobody seems to trust him. His own guys want him replaced. He feels he can still go on, despite. Typical Type A personality, like me. We can't know if he honestly wants the best for us (whether or not he is doing it right, I leave that to you) or he wants the best for himself. Sevo and I need to have a chat. Poor, poor bugger.
- Fuck my beloved blogren, I and I included. Joshi, get me them Uzi-guns. We need to nukes some muhfuckers. And then we'll shoot ourselves next, because we should have figured out our own (more-logical) stand before today, so that we aren't counted with the idiots out there. Now we are part of them. Frig this. Frig us all.